Thursday, April 17, 2008

Indian Feet

Before I start, apologies for no updates on photos cos the cafe here is ful of virus so i didn't want to take any risk, will try to upload them when I go to mumbai.

Indian feet is what everyone will have if you're to around in India. You feet will alway be dirty, black will cracks on your heels. I am no exception. Been staying in the Therapy centre since 11th april (I have no idea wat's today's date n day) seems very long to me. We woke up at 5am everyday to wash up then go see the patients how they do their asanas, but normally we woke up at 6am (overslept). Then at 7am we have to go to the massage room to help them to prepare for steambath n massage. Never seen so many naked bodies at one go and continuously for so many days. No one seems to mind to be seen naked and to be touch n massage by the therpist. We have to put oil on them and their Indian feet. The room (somehow remind me of prison cell) is rather gross cos its full of massage oil everywhere and the ppl seems to have no idea about hygiene. All their equipments are dirty and oily but no one seems to mind. So I built my courage and tried their massage for my lower back problem. Got onto the oily massage table still got my bra n panty on (too shy). Everyone was surprise tat I did the massage. Amazingly the massage was really good, with the infra red lamp the my lower back was so relieve. No wonder no patient ever miss the massage session despite of the gross condition of the room.

Basically we have 2 massage sessions daily(no off day) and most of the time we are sleeping in the room when we are not needed. Never sleep so much during the day in my life. Rather bored at 1st. As days goes by we got attached to the patients and now they are happy to see us and we can see that they are recovering fast. Some patients had very serious slipped disc which they were told by their doctor to go for operation immediately, but now they had recover almost 50%.

Its been a tough but meaningful experience in the centre. Learn alot, morally, mentally practically.... Its getting warmer here. Woke up with sweat almost every nite, Mosquitoes bite me almost everyday. Never been thru so much with such big acceptance before. Guess if this were to happen in singapore, I'll go crazy but when you really face it, its actually nothing. I didn't say feel this becos I'm stuck here, I always can choose to go home or stay. I guess i'm just testing my limits.

Well i have too much to tell about the therapy centre will talk more when I get back. For my overseas pals if you wan to know any other info regarding my stay in the centre, drop me a message here I try to reply asap.

Bye for now

Take care everyone!

No comments: