Tuesday, March 11, 2008

1st day in India

Creepy India airline. No entertainment no radio... Luckly I had my MP3 player. To my surprise the seats seems to be nice, much nicer then KLM. Finally I realise why, most of the seats are spoilt. They could be come up, some were so bad that when the plane took off, the seats went all the way to the back like a bed (the indian man in front of me had to sit up by himself holding the arm rest). Was expecting lots of weird smells, fortunately the plane was only 60% full, so the smell wasn't that strong.

The ride from airport to my school was really far. I got onto the transfer at about 330pm, only reach the school at 830pm. waited at the nasik office and had to take another taxi to the ashram (another 45min journey). Made my 1st indian fren. His name was Harban Sing, a retire scientist. A really nice old man, gave me treats and feed me with lots of snacks on the journey. He says i'm like his daugther, he even invited me to his house if I were to travel to south india.

The rooms were different from the website. Rather dusty and lots of mosquitoes. Just one day, I had already 8 bites on my hand. And there was a crazy dog crying the whole night at the ashram. But the food at the school were fantastic. Meet 3 new frens, they were my room mates. The internet cafe here are really creepy too. Can't read my SD card reader, guess I'll have to look for a better cafe to upload my photos.

Will be starting my course tomolo. Will update you guys soon when I have my off day (still dunno which day is that).

3 comments:

Novelty Seeker said...

Yo, glad that you are able to blog! Seems like everything is fine there. Enjoy your course and make more friends!

lian said...

Hey there, is me la, ah lian.

Great to hear that you are well.

Told you to stop that pills, just take their local herbs la, ai yo!

How you over there? People nice?

Everyone is so busy here, and alot of us got sick...stupid weather!

Do blog often ya....

Love

yogawork said...

gee...told you you're gonna find the mp3 useful :-))